Trying to put together an advertising campaign is a lot like herding cats.
If you have plenty of time, and money to burn chasing suppliers, the DIY route is certainly do-able.
However, it’s like anything. You can extract your own teeth, or represent yourself in a court of law, but at the end of the day, why not save yourself the heartache, and just hire a professional to do the job?
If you think Vancouver advertising agencies are expensive, look to the smaller shops. They can get the job done, with comparable service, for a fraction of the price of the big guns.
If you’d rather do it yourself, and herd those cats on your own, here are a few warning signs to watch out for.
It’s Time to Get an Advertising Agency When:
1. You are spending half your day chasing down the designer who vanished, the printer that won’t return your calls, and the illustrator that skipped off with your deposit.
2. You’ve had to learn the basics of Photoshop to get things the way you like them.
3. You ask for revisions and they look at you like you’re crazy.
4. Only one of the 100 resumes you receive from Craigslist doesn’t have a typo.
5. The logo they give you looks like clip art.
6. Your copywriter returns your call on the same day and it seems like a miracle.
7. You find yourself tiptoeing around feelings, when you have a business to run.
8. AWOL has become a part of your everyday vernacular.
9. Sales have flat-lined.
10. Nobody knows your ads.
Running a successful campaign is a lot like building a house. You need many skill sets as well as people who know how to oversee an entire operation.
Like a contractor, an advertising agency will coordinate the entire effort to ensure that you don’t have to. Service goes hand-in-hand with the final product, because you need work that you like, without pulling out your hair in the process.
The size of the agency you choose will affect the cost, but not always the final product. So when you are hunting for the best Vancouver advertising agency, judge from the work you like, first and foremost, and then go from there.
To get great service, however, you will need more than just that creative team. Writers and designers can be aloof creatures (back to the cat metaphor), and “service” doesn’t always top their list. After all, that’s the reason agencies exist in the first place.
So bearing in mind cost, reliability, service and final product, it’s time to look around.
Here’s a good place to start. It has all of the most prominent Vancouver ad agencies laid out, as well as some of their work, so you can pick the one that best suits your needs:
If you are looking for a small shop that gets the job done, look no further than Immersion Creative. Because when it comes to herding cats, we have the can-opener.